Friday, 1 June 2007

Secrets of Successful People - It's Not How Hard You Try

Hallo,

I have been reading quite alot of books and journals lately on the Secrets of Successful People. What do successful people have in common? Scientists worldwide have been studying the traits, beliefs and practices of successful people in all walks of life, but their research is normally reported in academic journals that are only read by other scientists or analysts.

Here i would like to share with you on the Secrets of Successful People in order for Us (not just you or me), to acquire a winning combination for achieving success in all areas of your life.

It's Not How Hard You Try:

Work hard and you will be rewarded. This is what we have always hear from parents, siblings, teachers and friends. It sound simple, isn't it??!

But remember what it was like studying for a test?! Some kids studied forever and did poorly. Some studied hardly at all and made great grades.

You can spend incredible effort inefficiently and gain nothing. Or, you can choose to spend modest efforts efficiently and be rewarded.

The purpose of what you do is to make progress, not just to expend ourself! Be Effective, Be Strategic, in whatever you do.

Be it in studying, research or corporate work environment. Does our superior want us to just work hard? Answer is NO!!! They have recently told me that i am a good man. Appreciate my efforts but he wants me to think more strategically. I was awaken!!! He is absolutely right! I have actually lost my strategic way of thinking, after i was absorbed into this rat race. I used to be very effective and strategic in my studies. Time for change!

Specially for those that are feeling the same way.
Hope this post will benefit those that are seeking to be successful.

Rgds,
Sean Chua

No comments: