Friday, 21 September 2007

Strategic Career Planning

At different junctures of my childhood, i was asked" "What is my ambition?" or "WHat do you want to be when you grow up?" Have you been constantly being asked of this question?

My answer was always different. At five, i wanted to be a policeman bacause i thought they look very smart. At 13, i wanted to be a doctor, seeing how noble in them, having chance to save lifes after lifes. I watched all drama shows that are showed on screen, never missed them much.

Then at 15, i realised that being a doctor requirements large amount of time and money - which my poor family then, was never able to afford, and i was never able to afford that long period studying. I then dreamt to become a pharmacist.

I studied harder ever in my last year of school, to achieve the grades that will allow to go places i want. After i took my o level results - i found out that i do not want to go Junior College and to Pharmacy cos i felt Pharmacist job is too boring. So i decided to take up a course in local polytechnic called Building and Poperty Management. You know what! I switched to Chemical Process Technology in the same Polytechnic, even before the school starts. The switch was made after i took a long time break and think of what i realy like. Chemistry was my LOVE.

So tomorrow i am going to share more of Setting Effective Career Goals and to better prepare ourself for the job market.

No comments: